Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving went great.  I ended up cooking the green beans, but did make the other raw dishes that I mentioned in my last post.  They were yummy.  I have to admit that the cranberry pineapple relish was hardly touched by anyone until I added some sugar, though.  I decided that the sugar would be worth it to get them to eat the relish and get the wonderful health benefits of the raw fruit in there.  Tomorrow we're going to pick up some Romaine lettuce on the way home from church and then for lunch we'll all have  leftover raw stuffing with that cranberry sauce inside the Romaine leaves.  We did that before with the Mexican veggie nut stuffer and salsa and it was a huge hit.  The children thought it was SO fun to use lettuce leaves like little sandwiches.  :-)  I have found that eating 2 meals totally raw and then having the other meal plus snacks cooked seems to be an easy way to get in at least 50% of my food raw.  I'm excited that Aaron wants all of us at least 50% raw through December and THEN in January, we're going to try to have the whole family 100% raw the entire month.  I've read and heard so many awesome stories of the healing raw foods can do.  We want to see what it can do for our family in that time.  Wouldn't it be just awesome, for example, if it could shrink one of Susanna's tumors?  Or alleviate some of Thomas's Aspergers or Miriam's Autism?  Or subdue Miriam's ADHD or Rebekah's ADD?  Or improve Samuel's cognitive functioning?  Oh any of those things would be a blessing beyond words!  Certainly worth the try!

Love, Dawn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be wonderful if a new way of eating could help your kids physically. I do know that diets have had effects on some kids with autism.
Can't wait to read all about it!