Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 1

Today is Day 1 for our whole family being raw for the month.  I'm really excited about this.  I wonder what changes will occur.  So far the only change is that Aaron and I both have headaches from caffeine withdrawl.  lol  I'm hoping we have better changes ahead!  The children are still feeling very leery about this, but we all enjoyed today's food.  We had:
Green smoothies - mixed greens, bananas, strawberries
Buckwheat porridge - buckwheat, bananas, cinnamon, honey, vanilla
Chili - fabulous recipe, actually won a prize in a Texas Chili Cook-off!
Tacos - romaine lettuce shells stuffed with Mexican veggie nut stuffer, salsa, and cheese
Apple pie with whipped cream
Chocolate banana milkshake
Not bad, huh?  :-D

Love, Dawn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so i have to say i am very curious what the chili recipe is and if ya get a chance i would love to have it!

Kristen's Raw said...

Very cool! Can't wait to read more about your journey in the future days.

Happy New Year!
Kristen