Saturday, December 6, 2008

Green Power Juicer

I caught the stomach bug going through our family and am still recovering from it.  I went 40 hours without eating anything and decided to use that fast as an opportunity to get off of two addictive substances - caffeine and sugar. I knew I would have to get off of those before starting the January 100% raw plan.  I had intended to go with more of a weaning off approach, but this works, too.  We are continuing to get more excited about next month.  I ordered two small replacement parts for our juicer.  We have a Green Power juicer and there is a book called, "Living with Green Power" that is full of all kinds of recipes you can make using it - way more than just juice.  That was our first experience with raw foods.  I'm one of those people who marks up all of my recipe books with comments.  This one is a very well used recipe book.  Well, a lot of the recipes call for the blank screen to be used and somehow it got lost in the move to this house.  For the longest time, I kept thinking we'd find it.  Finally, I just kind of forgot about it and every once in a while would want to make something using it and then would just shrug my shoulders and move on.  So last week I finally realized how silly that was.  I was letting a piece that cost less than $10 stop me from making all kinds of delicious healthy raw foods that my family loves!  I went ahead and ordered it plus the rice cake attachment, too.  That's one that I had not had, but a few of the recipes called for it and I'd always thought about getting at some point.  Well now we're all set.  :-)

Love, Dawn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sorry you've been sick! I always hated especially when that sickness went through the family. Hope it's all gone for good!
I had a problem with juicing...the huge amount of produce that you needed to use.
Glad you're off the caffeine and sugar! But oh what a way to do it!